Mobility and Leisure Bans in Gaudi´s City: Barcelona
Due to this, You Know Who XIX outbreak, every country has taken their own measures, and within those countries, we found Spain is not the exception. And inside Spain, we have Catalonia which is very particular in its way of doing things.
These measures I´ll talk about right now are until April, 9th included. I´ll keep you posted with every change we have here so you decide whether you want to come here or not (I´ll say if it is your first time, not a very good idea, pretty much everything is closed, but if you already came a few times before, you can still have some “quite fun” (Discos and Pubs are out off the table) I meant restaurants for dinner and some attractions that remain open.
Here we go with the Spain Travel bans, specifically in Barcelona:
General Restrictions in Catalonia:
- Social meetings with only 6 people of 2 different coexistence cells.
- There is a CURFEW from 22:00 until 6:00. (American hours from 10 pm to 6 am)
- Bars and Restaurants open only from 7:30 to 17:00 (American hours from 7:30 am to 5 pm) with capacity limitations.
- People cannot leave Catalonia without a justified cause.
Social Encounters in Catalonia:
Gathering of more than 6 people is forbidden, in public spaces or the regular living place.
Exclusions for this ban :
- Work related
- Cult activities
- Religious celebrations, weddings or funerals.
- Public Transportation
- School related activities such as excursions or Social Activities for kids.
- Cultural activities
- Sports Events with Federated Athletes
People with Covid-19 symptoms can not participate.
Curfew and opening times for the commerce:
- Shops, Cafeterias, and Others: open from 06:00 to 21:00 (6-9 American hour)
- Every store that normally it´s open 24/7 has a limited closure time until 21:00.
- Take away food: until 22 h. (Pick up at the place)
- Delivery: 23h
- Cultural activities: open until 22h
Work and Professional Bans:
- Companies should promote Remote Working.
- Maintain Interpersonal Distance every moment, in case this is not possible, the company must provide security Items to ensure a Free Covid Environment.
- Hydroalcoholic Gel must be provided and the facilities must be completely cleaned up and maintained with correct air circulation.
- The use of masks is mandatory every time the employee has to move around the facility or it´s a public-related work.
- Keep the least people concentrated in the same place to avoid interaction.
- High school and Elementary continue in full presence mode (regularly).
- College, University, and Professional Education maintain reduced capacity.
- After School maximum of 6 kids per group.
- Public transportation maintains its regular timetable, providing a 100% service, adapting the night hours.
- There is forbidden to eat in any mean of transport.
- Taxis can give service to all the spots in the car, except for the copilot one.
Restaurant and Caffeterias Restrictions:
- With a 2m distance between tables.
- 4 pax per table (except if it is the same cohabit bubble)
- From 7:30 to 17
- Terrace 100% capacity
- Inside 30%
- Hotel restaurants can only serve to guests and only until 22:00
Cultural Bans: (Movies, Theatre, Concerts, etc)
- Limited capacity to 50%
- Concerts PLaces are not allowed to have the bar service functioning.
- If the mentioned activities are outdoor there is a limit of 1000 people, everyone sitted with the previous registration.
Small Stores, Malls and shops in general:
- Stores can open every day of the week at 30% capacity.
- Well Ventilated and keeping distance in common spaces.
- Restaurants in malls remain closed.
- Markets open with a 30% capacity limitation.
- Esthetic Services also open with an appointment reservation system.
There are more restrictions in Spain in the different areas of daily basis life, they can all be found here. Also, I´ve published 2 more posts about Covid 19 situation in Spain and the main Airports, go and check them and let me know in SSMM what you think about them.
Next week they will change, but I´ll keep you posted on everything new.
Thanks for reading until here, I hope this will help you plan your visit in a better way.
See you in my next post!