When you travel on your own, or with a group of Friends or your partner or any adult in general is more or less easy to program your itinerary, but when you travel with kids, is a little bit different, because the normal tours might bore them or the spaces are too crowded and they cannot move freely, or they must remain silent because the guide is talking, etc etc etc.
My intention with this blog is to give you a list of places where you can go with your children and have a good time and also enjoy the city of Barcelona. In every attraction I´ve left the link so you can access to their websites and check for more info about tickets, timetable and others.
Barcelona Aquarium is a wonderful place for kids to enjoy and learn about the marine fauna. Is near Maremagnum Mall located in the Port Vell.
Kids love animals and the Barcelona Zoo is amazing for them to be able to enjoy a nice moment from the visit to Barcelona. They can learn about animals and their environment.
In my opinion Tibidabo is the best location to take pictures from Barcelona and is also a place for the entire family. It has an amusement park and also a church with an amazing overlook. There are restaurants and small places where you can buy fast food. The staff there organizes activities for kids and is really fun. You can get there, by public transportation, the funicular ride is quite a thing, or if you rent a car.
Website: https://cosmocaixa.es/ca/museu-ciencia-barcelona (this is not the home page, because this one has more interesting things to show, so you can choose)
What is this place? It´s a huge space for Science and nature, oriented mostly towards kids. From the list, this is my favorite. It has dinosaurs, scientific experiments and even a flooded wood, with big animals (which I don´t know their species). It´s really big, the kids have a blast there. It´s really entertained and you can spend the whole day. It´s really cool!!!!
Montjuic is not a particular place, is an area that contains a lot of places that you can visit. Some places are better for kids than others, but anything you choose will be a magnificent choise, because of the new experience. All big spaces and mostly outdoor, not only for kids also to practice sports, for example skate or riding bikes.
In this “complex” (the way I like to call it), you can find all these places that I´ll mention right away:
- MNAC: This is the National Museum of Contemporary Art of Catalonia (also the one from the picture). At night they lighten up the Magic Fountain of Montjuic and is a wonderful spectacle of water and lights.
- Olimpic Stadium and the Calatrava Tower (also Telefonica Tower) Built in the Olimpic ring. (this tower is beautiful)
- Barcelona Botanic Garden
- El Poble Espanyol: This means The Spanish Town, is a small representation of culture and architecture from Spain, normally during the summer there are a lot of activities like theatre, music and food combined with the place it´s pretty awesome.
- Miró Foundation: This is also a magnificent building to visit.
- Caixa Forum: This place used to be a Factory but now is like a museum with a lot of cultural spaces.
- Montjuic Teleferic (Cable car): The views are amazing and the ride is nice! The kids enjoy this experience a lot! To get to the top is a particular ride because you take the funicular from Paral-el Station and after you leave the building and go upstairs and take the Teleferic (this ride in the teleferic is not included in the normal ticket from public transportation, the funicular is) The teleferic ride is a must! I loved it!
- Montjuic Castle: You can get there by bus or by the teleferic. The views are amazing, it’s also a wide space where kids can run, play and have fun. There is also a restaurant inside the Castle.
In case you´re looking for more things to do, check this link and you´ll find other posts with different experiences, but oriented to kids amusement https://tripduck.com/blog/things-to-do-with-kids-in-barcelona/
I hope you and your kids enjoy the visit to Barcelona and the different things it has to offer!
See you in my next post!