In case you have been following our blog, then you probably read about our latest post about Montjuic. So, if you are preparing yourself to become a tourist in Barcelona, then you need to be aware of what you can do in this wonderful area.
Montjuic is a place for the entire family. With green spaces such as Gardens, the Olympic area is filled with memoirs from 1992 and even a great History Legacy in its Museums and the Castle.
Join us in this journey around this magnificent place Called Montjuic and you´ll discover the wonders it has to offer.
Places worth visiting in Montjuic
Today I’ll share the tourist attractions you can visit, and some of the important sports places in Montjuic.
When talking about sports, we can mention different places to visit:
- Parc Migdia: The Parc Migdia is a lookout located in Montjuic mountain, in the Passeig de Migdia. It offers visitors the chance to walk through a place filled with nature and an amazing view of the city.
- Rugby Camp La Foixarda: Located in the Camí de la Foixarda, the camp is one of the important rugby stadiums you can visit.
- Julià de Capmany Football Camp: Located in Carrer del Segura 31-33, Sants Montjuïc, the Julià de Capmany is a small football camp located near the cemetery. You can go and take a short walk and enjoy the views.
In case you are a sports lover, and looking for a place to tour in Barcelona, then Montjuic is perfect for it.
But now let’s talk about the places that are completely touristic spots in Montjuic. One of the most important ones is definitely the Poble Espanyol, an open-air museum that is filled with different artworks from all over the country. There are also bars and restaurants inside the area, which is perfect for tourists.
There are also other places, like the
- Barcelona Musical Theatre: Located in Carrer de la Guàrdia Urbana, the musical theatre offers one of the most beautiful views in Montjuic. Is temporarely closed, but still is worthy to mention.
- Olimpic Museum de l’Esport Joan Antoni Samaranch: Located in Avinguda de l’Estadi, the Olimpic Museum de l’Esport Joan Antoni Samaranch offers the perfect chance for visitors to live a unique experience by taking a look at the history sports!
- Theatre Grec: Located in the Passeig de Santa Madrona, is an open-air theatre that people can visit and do different activities, like walking, or even enjoying a play at this beautiful place.
- Fundació Joan Miró: Located in the Parc de Montjuic, is an institution that people can visit to enjoy the different art pieces of Joan Miró, an important painter from Catalunya.
- Montjuic Cemetery: Located in the Carrer de la Mare de Déu de Port, the cemetery offers more than people might think! There’s a museum on it, and there are a lot of important burials with mesmerizing art pieces on them.
- Magic Fountain Barcelona or Magic Fountain of Montjuic (From Thursday to Sunday during the summer): Located in the Plaça de Carles Buïgas, the fountain is the most important piece of the different waterfalls that are in the Montjuic area, located at the center of the way to the MNAC, the magic fountain has an amazing show of lights and music.
- Montjuic Castle: Located on the Montjuic Highway, the castle shows the remains of an old military base that is now visited by tourists as one of the main attractions in Montjuic.
- Saint Jordi Palau: Located in the Passeig Olímpic, the Palau is mainly used for sporting events, but it’s also important for concerts and is considered an architectonical masterpiece.
- Montjuic Stadium: Located in the Passeig Olímpic, the stadium is a mix of history and sports. Nowadays is mostly used for concerts, but it has an important background that tourists can find interesting!
- Caixa Forum: Located in the Av. Francesc Ferrer i Guàrdia, the Forum is a cultural centre where different activities take place. Depending on when you go, you will have the chance to enjoy different activities in the Caixa Forum.
- The Calatrava Tower: The Calatrava Tower can be seen from different places in Montjuic. It was built during the last decade of the past century and was used for the Olimpic Games in 1992. It is considered an innovative structure, and it also has a Gaudí tribute on it.
- Palau Nacional is nowadays known as the MNAC (National Museum of Catalonian Art): The Palau is one of the most important places in Montjuic. Considered as one of the most important museums of the area, it holds a lot of art pieces on its inside, while also giving visitors the chance to enjoy the different decorations inside, and outside of it.
This is the last post about Montjuic, I hope you´ve enjoyed it as much as I did writing it. In case you are still not convinced that Montjuic is a place for you, just check our Instagram and you can found more about it and even more places.
Thanks so much for your time, see you in my next post.